Eugene J. Schmidt
D.D.S., M.A.G.D., F.A.C.D.
Dr. Schmidt is a native of Southern California. He attended the University of California, Irvine and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. After dental school, Dr. Schmidt completed a two-year General Practice Residency at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center/University of Southern California (USC). He received advanced training in complex rehabilitation for people with special care requirements. After completing his residency, Dr. Schmidt was asked to assume a teaching position as an attending doctor on the hospital staff. He remains on staff, caring for special-needs patients and providing instruction to post-graduate dental and medical residents.
Dr. Schmidt’s commitment to learning is reflected by the 100-200 hours of continuing education he takes annually. This allows him and the office staff to keep current with dental knowledge and provide patients with treatment options appropriate to their needs.
He is an active participant in the profession of dentistry with membership and leadership positions in numerous dental organization, including the:
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association (Delegate)
- Orange County Dental Society
(Past President, Board Member and Ethics Committee Chairman)
- Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow)
- Richard V. Tucker Study Club of Orange County
- Richard V. Tucker Study Club International
- Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology (Fellow)
- Pierre Fauchard Academy (Fellow)
- American Academy of Operative Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Society of Geriatric Dentistry
- Academy of Dentistry for Persons with Disabilities
- American Association of Hospital Dentists